.

10.08.2011

My daily dose of Calcium.

Cropped Drop-back Blouse - Newlook. Black Galaxy Leggings - BlackMilk
Black Patent Anita Boots - ASOS.

In regards to my talk last night on Postmodernism, all i really can say is WOW. Such a large subject is done no justice by a hour long talk from two Americans {very knowledgeable Americans may i add} that one cannot understand particularly well. Confused comes to mind, so does mesmerised, and intrigued. I got the immense sense of 'If you don't understand, get out of my club', made even more so when peoples questions were left unanswered and told that they were not supposed to understand and our 'confusion was exactly the right response'. A trip to the V&A to get a better understanding on the subject is defiantly on the cards, day trip  by myself a think, as i cannot see any friend of mine wanting to be left feeling like their brain is about to shatter into a thousand pieces. Accompanied by a trip to the bookstore to get the book that has been published by those who spoke last night.

I took a lot of notes, ones which i thought would help me understand a little better. But a comment from the English art historian about summed it up with "You grasp a point, and think right i have it, then they rip it right back off you, and your left scrambling for another one" - this summed up the whole talk entirely. While i found the subject interesting, i did find myself wondering off  at a tangent with thoughts about a toasted Bagel with a quorn burger. However this was not what i had when i got in. I had steamed Quorn chunks with ground gingers, soy sauce and a few sugar-snaps, along with a mini-pitta to wipe up the delectable sauce that had been made from my creation. Heavenly best describes that!

I was hoping to come away from that talk, being thoroughly educated with a basic knowledge of the subject, whilst I've come away with a basic knowledge, I'm left questioning it and do not feel particularly educated. The only point I'm aware of at the moment, is that we are living in a post-postmodernist world.

4 comments: