.

9.21.2011

Cigarette Break.



Leather band Cigarette Pants - Newlook. Magenta Heeled Pointed Pumps - Newlook.
Complete with Topshop Faux fur with Quilted Leather Biker Jacket.
(Worn with basic vest, gifted silver chain and ASOS spikeclaw earrings)



So this post was promised yesterday, but i delayed within reason. This reason being my day was very busy and exciting (well for me) and i figured it would be best if i can ramble on about it from a reflective perspective the day after.


Having handed my first assessment in on Monday, we got straight into the next assessment, at college we have to do silly little qualifications to achieve boost our overall grade. One being the 'Working with others' assessment. For this we went to Birmingham Bullring shopping centre. Being country folk and not having an awful amount to chose from shop wise in my town centre i was terribly exciting about going. Mainly just to see clothes in person, i order most of my stuff online as I'm such a small size and not many shops accommodate for a naturally small bone-structure. Sending a group of fashion students to a city centre to do 'reasearch' is the most ridiculous idea i have ever come across, even an outside can tell you that its a ludicrous idea. I, for one, along with my fellow 'college buddy' did next to none in the research department, and hit the shops. I was surprised by how little i actually spent, coming back with only two pairs of shoes, a tweed blazer (oh my lord, its beautiful, also are the shoes) and two necklaces, i was also surprised by how 'anti-social' some shop assistance's can be, maybe I'm just used to dealing with the friendly country type from my town, but being a shop assistant myself, i would never speak to someone/ignore someone in such a manner as some of the shop assistants did with me. The perfect example being when i asked an assistant in Miss Selfridge Sto check whether they had a pair of leather pants in my size behind the sales floor. I was shocked when i received a muffled 'NO' and handed the item back hastily, to her not apologising and walking shuffling over very quickly, maybe I'm just overly caring when dealing with customers and when faced with someone who is not so, I'm left shocked, but any how, i was least impressed.


I lunched at Selfridges, a noodle bar named Ekachai, i normally have a dairy free, meat free diet, just out of personal choice, but i pushed the boat out and 'treated' myself to Tofu and Vegetable Pad Thai, and all i can say was...well it was just beautiful, so fresh and flavoursome, and not at all greasy like you can expect from similar places, the tofu was of an exceptional standard and i even enjoyed the ground peanuts (If you knew me, you would know i HATE peanuts.) I rate it possibly better than Wagamamas, which is a biggie, as i am a avid fan of Wagamamas. However i am paying today for my 'treat', in a bad way, but it was worth it for the sheer enjoyment of the fresh dish.

So all in all, a very exciting day. My  feet lasted all day in these pumps, adorned with a safari animal plaster on my right heel however, due to walking a long way in a pair of very new, very hard, black patent brogues during a trip to town with my sister last week. The pants, a little to big, stayed up all day, even more so after my rather large lunch and my jacket kept me cosy all down during my walk home in a downpour. Hopefully i can post some new looks with my new purchases in the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment